Pagan

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob,

I like the waterfall idea, I might give it a try. As long as it didn't
splash too much water out of the tub.

I just purchased a Hayward 1.5 HP above-ground pool pump on eBay. An
added benefit was that it has a built-in filter. I think it's more of a
strainer; not a sand filter (I'm trying to decide if I need that also).
I'm hoping that with that and an ionizer, I won't need much chemicals.

It's most likely a cartridge filter, and should do quite well, as that is
what most spas have. Don't bother with a sand filter. They aren't nearly
as effective as the cartridge type, and they're more of a pain to clean.

You'll still need chemicals. I use bromine, and it works well enough. It's
low maintenance and cheap.

Pagan