Colbyt

"biffula" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've built a patio cover onto the side of my house. Using asphalt
shingles. I have put flashing under the siding of the house. My
question is(I have rolled felt under the flashing on the patio cover),
do I nail a layer of shingles on top of the flashing, or just under?
To nail on top would pierce the flashing. The flashing does not lay
flush onto the patio cover and I dont like it exposed. What is the
appropriate course of action?

I am assuming a "shed roof" situation here. There should be a METAL flashing
tucked behind the siding and over the last course of shingles. Or over the
patio cover. Felt should have been the first layer. It should be under the
shingles.

There are some things you can never flash properly when you use the wrong
materials for the job. I intend to tear off and not replace one of those
patio covers this Saturday. No, I did not install it. I am just going to
solve a long term problem.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.