kitchenman

That only works on cheap unapproved single flow mixer taps, if you have a
good tap then link the washing machine taps with 1 hose, turn on hot tap
then slowly turn on cold, this will blast the air out, but be aware on a
badly installed system you can rupture your cylinder. Listen to the rumbling
of air, when it settles down turn off washing machine valves & test the
upstairs hot, it may take a couple of goes depending how the plumbing is.

--
regards
dave batter

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
On 2 Oct 2005 01:09:53 -0700, "gigglesyle"
wrote:

Turned of mains water to remove sink unit. Kitchen now has temporary
taps on both hot and cold. Water comes out of hot pipe in kitchen.
Upstairs i get water from cold taps but not hot. This is presumably an
airlock. is there an easy way to fix it and bearing in mind that I will
do this again when putting the new sink in, how should I do it next
time.
P.S. Have not swithed the boiler back on yet.

If it's a mixer tap put your hand over the outlet and switch on both
hot and cold. The cold will flow back up the hot tap and clear the
airlock.

Mr F.