Lurch

On 2 Oct 2005 13:13:18 -0700, "Alexei"
scrawled:

Stuart wrote:
I would get my test meter out so we're stuffed at this point as you
haven't got one!

Since I am treating this as a learning experience, I would appreciate
if you could outline initial tests that you would do with your meter if
you were in this situation.

So you want to me to tell you what I would do, bearing in mind that if
I was at your house doing it you would be paying for all the years of
experience that have gone into acquiring this!

First thing would be to check the wiring, I'm not convinced you've
connected it up properly. I'd remove all wiring from the light point,
seperate and turn on power to test on the AC range which is the feed.
Next, with power back off, onto continuity and make sure the switch
wire really is the switch wire and I might even do a IR test on them.
I don't think there are any junction boxes opn this by the sounds of
it so we shouldn't need floors up or ceilings down.

Did the dimmer work the right way round, i.e. clockwise = brighter?
Did you connect up all the wires in the light fitting in parrallel,
i.e. all both reds to brown, both blacks to blue?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group