Albert Grennock

Default Slightly distorted picture.

I bought a new TV (cheap) the picture is fine apart from one minor
problem. At the bottom left hand corner the picture seems to slant
up slightly. This is only ever noticable when there is text or a logo in
that
area, scrolling text tends to highlight the problem, perhaps due to some
sort of optical 'illusion'.
Its a bit hard to describe the problem exactly as things appear to be fine
futher up that side of the screen. What I would really need is a 'testcard'
but unfortunately they don't seem to broadcast one these days, the best I
can do
is something like the TV menu from my Sagem box which tends to indicate
(slightly)
that the picture is too far to the right, so there might be similar
distortion on the
other side minimised because you can't see it.
Its one of those flatscreen ones and this may be part of the problem
perhaps,
nothing on menu page looks perfectly square nut some maybe due to my
imagination (been noticing similar things on my PC monitor now!!).
A quick test on my portable reveals that the I can see more picture on the
'flatscreen' one so more oppertunity to see distortion, also the portable
is non-flat screen with curved edges, the perfectly square edges of the
new TV are only an aid to highlighting the problem.
It's only a minor issue though, 1-2 millimeters difference from one side of
the
screen to the other. I would add that the colours hold true, all distorted
equally :O)
but slightly annoying nonetheless albeit only when there is text in that
region.

One thing which occured to me was it has quite powerfuls peakers 8 Watt,
either
side but I doubt it is them.
I suspect it is none cureable but i will take the back off and have a look
to see if there
is anything I can play about with. A slight anticlockwise twist and a shift
to the left
would probably help things, as would an overall magnification of the picture
size,
although I doubt I will be able to do that.

It's really not worth taking it back to the shop or getting it 'repaired'.
Again I assume achieving a 'flatter squarer picture' is part of the problem.
Its a bit like the bottom 'deflection plate?' is slightly bent upwards on
one side.