BobS

Haven't a clue as to their composition except they're black and look and
feel like a hard rubber compound and the alcohol does not appear to bother
the rollers. I've had mine almost 4 years now and have cleaned them a number
of times. Original rollers - still in good condition and I've pushed a fair
amount of stock thru that planer.

Bob S.

"David" wrote in message
BobS wrote:

That should be *Rubbing Alcohol* or even mineral spirts to clean the
rollers as per the DeWalt site FAQ's.

http://tinyurl.com/aj2fw

Bob S.

I'm surprised that DeWalt would advise that because if the rollers are
rubber, how are they different from tape deck rollers, which have been
known to dry out if alcohol is applied to them repeatedly. Delta's
approved roller cleaning method is soapy water applied with a Scothbrite
pad. Try a google search for cleaning tape decks to see what I mean.
could it be the dewalt rollers aren't rubber?

Dave