Crossword

Default Pellet stove

"Yepp" wrote in message
g.com...
With the price of natural gas going up I'm wondering how efficient it
would be to supplement my forced air furnace with one of these pellet
stoves. I would guess that the price of pellets or corn will go up too
with gas prices going up delivery has to follow suit. Does anyone have
one of these or any other helpful information would be welcomed. I live
30 miles south west of Chicago for my general area of the country.

Thanks for any information.

We moved to southwest Missouri from Michigan in February 2005. We
purchased
a St Croix brand pellet stove at that time. We were able to heat our home
(about 1600 sq ft, open architecture) with on 40# bag a day. A forty pound
bag of hardwood pellets costs about $3.00. This winter we are going to buy
in bulk. The best price we have seen so far is $134 a ton at Lowe's. That
breaks down to $2.68 a bag. We have been told that two ton should do it
for
the winter. The pellet stove does have a thermostat and we try to keep it
about 75° , but the house is usually about 80°.

I hope this was helpful.

Amy