Franc Zabkar

On 2 Oct 2005 08:19:18 -0700, "HandyMan"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a 21" Sanyo TV set (Philips tube) which, when switched on,
starts up very briefly and arcs once between the anodes visible in the
long uncovered tube neck. The line stage shuts down so quickly that it
appears not to start-up at all, but clearly it is doing in order to
provide the voltages required for the single arcing. The set then just
stays in standby mode with the front LED blinking 3 times in a row
repeatedly.

Could it be that the focus and G2 voltages are too high? If so, then
this may be due to an open resistor in the bottom end of the
screen/focus block on the FBT.

-- Franc Zabkar