Doctor Drivel

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ron wrote:

snip

Another cost saving would be that I would no longer need a

maintenance
contract with Scottish gas as there is less to go wrong with a

radiator
system than a warm air system.

no theres more. Forced air is just a big fan and ducts, a hydronic
system has plumbing, rads, pump, header tank, TRVs, inhobitor,
ballcock... thats why forced air is cheaper to install.

In deed, my modern 6 year old wet radiator heating system has had
more problems than my mothers house 25 year old hot air gas fired
system (the ducting etc. is 40 years old [1]) has had in the 10 years
she has lived in that house...

[1] The only reason it was changed was due to a change from oil to
gas.

There is also the 'problem' of space using radiators, air grills take
up far less space and are far less obtrusive, when changing to a wet
(radiator) system you might well find that you need to re arrange the
room furnishings or even that you don't have the space for all the
furniture that you did - having lived with wet systems, using both
cast iron radiators or slim-line steel radiators, (wet) under-floor,
and hot air heating in various houses I would say my favourite system
is hot air, heating of the room is far quicker, the noise level is
not that obtrusive if the system is maintained and with a modern
system with air filtering etc. the room air quality *could* in fact
be better than that with a wet system.

Jerry that was very sensible. You have astounded me.