Rob Morley

In article , october2005
@mikebarnes.fsnet.co.uk says...
In uk.d-i-y, Rob Morley wrote:
In article .com,
says...
Sound like a great idea when half the windscreen wash usually sprays
over the roof.

It doesn't if the jets are adjusted correctly!

Adjust them to wet the whole screen at motorway speeds and you're bound
to get some overspray at town speeds.

The washers don't have to wet the whole screen, just anywhere within
reach of the wipers, which then spread the solution around. Works for
me, anyway, at any speed. But it used not to - I recognise the problem
you describe as a 1970s problem, and perhaps the difference is that the
cars I have nowadays pump a much greater volume of fluid onto the
screen. And the screens are more raked, I think.

That'll teach me to drive crap old^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hclassic cars then :-)