Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
RedOnRed wrote:
Oh - I'm not disputing that. However, kettling isn't inherent in a non
condensing boiler - it's a fault.

I thought kettling was more to do with the age of the boiler, in so much
that they all fur up eventually and are then prone to kettling?

Assuming it's not a combi, there's no reason why it should fur up if
properly maintained.

My new boiler warms up quicker presumably due to it firing up on all
cylinders in its modulating mode, which a lot of old boilers may not
have.

Modulating means *reducing* the heat output from maximum.

I'm sure it does mean that. But doesn't it regulate the power too? If an
old boiler fires up only in 1st gear, a modulating boiler can use
several gears...thus increasing the heat output? Just an analogy.

Older boilers fired up on maximum burner rate. They controlled the water
temperature by switching on and off. A modulating boiler can reducing the
flame size. So assuming the output and heat exchanger are the same, there
will be no difference in heat up time.

Additionally, due to our system being modified with the new
boiler installation, our boiler warms up the house quicker.

Well yes. But this has nothing to do with condensing or non condensing
boilers, that's all.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.