John

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message

2. You are correct that Trianco and other manufacturers are helpful,
however
his is a simple problem of practical advice required to establish flow
through an oil pipe.

There was an issue about the relative heights of tank and boiler. The
boiler
manufacturer would know the capabilites of the pump.

Danfoss would also know if they make a suitable replacement pump.

Riello don't use Danfoss pumps, they have their own which bear the letters
R.B.L. (Riello Burners Limited)

3. The replacement with condensing versions is not mandatory for oil -
yet,

Not so long now though. My concern is that some of the non condensing
boilers
will no longer be made.

That shouldn't cause a problem. Condensate pumps can be used if a suitable
gravity drain cannot be provided which has long been the way of things in
the AC industry. Most other factors can be overcome. When the time comes to
replace the boiler it can be done but I reckon there will be some current
steel cased non condensing oil boilers still going strong in ten to twenty
years time.

and the guy has already said he is boracic at the moment (presumably
spent
his budget on the landscaping he mentioned). A Riello/Trianco boiler is
likely to be extremely efficient anyway (even an old one) as long as it
is
set up correctly.

I hope that you are right about the efficiency as my boiler is a similar
age. I
am a little dubious about the SEDBUK efficiency figures as heat lost from
boiler
casing and chimney pipe can still heat the house

Heat lost "into" the house is not really lost is it? My boiler provides heat
to the downstairs cloakroom, aires and keeps shoes and coats warm (and the
cat requires a crowbar to get it off the top).