Jumpster Jiver wrote:
wrote:

The reason Sharp doesn't know about it is because sharp does not sell a
region free player. It has probably beeb modified by the seller to be
that way and Sharp does not support these mods. The unit is also not
under warranty any more if that's the case.

Yeah, I came to realize this. This was no warranty in the box.

Contact the seller for advice. It could be something simple that simply
was not made clear in the instruction manual in a way you can understand it.

I tried that. Talk about a major asshole. Kept telling him it won't
work with my TV, that I could not get the DVD/VCR combo internal-set up
to work with my NTSC television.

He kept saying he had one himself that worked perfertly with his TV.
When I repeated my problem to him and told him if he got his to work
find, than to explain to me exactly what he did to have his work.
Repeated this several times to this and he would never answered.

I suspect he has a NTSC/PAL conversion device on his or a
PAL/Multi-system TV or both or who knows what extra items to get his to
work properly -- and won't admit to me the information he listed about
the DV-NC80 didn't tell the full truth.

Decided I will sell the thing myself on eBay as I don't trust the
dealer at all if I sent it back to him. Wouldn't put it past him to
drop the thing on the floor and claim I sent it back to him that way.

So will sell on eBay and will list the reality/truth of what is needed
to get this to work on a television set in the USA. Also had bought
special PAL/NTSC adaptor plugs for it, to be able to physically hook it
up, and will include them in the deal. Going to take a loss in selling
it, no way to avoid that, but as I wrote, rather do it that way, tell
possible buyers the truth, than risk sending it back to that asshole
dealer and see all my money gone forever.

Thanks for your help, Jiver.

-Tom Sr.