Art

10 UFD @ 250 VAC is the device specs. It is used as a start capacitor,
function is to lessen the electrical current through the start winding of
the motor. Should be able to appropriate capacitor at any industrial motor
service or HVAC facility. Even able to be ordered off the web if you google
for "start capacitors".
"Brian" wrote in message
Hi, the timer on my heating hast stopped running, its a mechanical driven
by a small motor conected to 230Vac, the problem is a capacitor (the only
other component) that is in series with the motor. I shorted the cap with
a multimeter and the motor started running again.

The cap has the following info printed on it:

.1/10
250V ~
MKP1.70
.1/10
250V ~

What should I use as a replacement? What is the value exactly .1uF/10?
Which I assume is 10nF, true?

What exectly is the cap for?

Cheers Brian