Franc Zabkar

On 1 Oct 2005 21:21:53 -0700, "Ghazan Haider"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I bought a numeric keypad from a used electronics shop to use in a
project. It comes with a din connector. I opened it and 2 wires from
the din connector are going into this chip as well as all other keys.

Its a 44-lead plcc

It says T i 80 (in logo format, cant recognize)
C49-6784

An 80C49 is an 8-bit mask ROMmed microcontroller. The "6784" refers to
the ROM code. The logo belongs to Texas Instruments. This is a
preprogrammed chip whose function is determined by the OEM.

9219EEI (or L or | instead of the last I)

9219 = YYWW date code, ie week 19 of 1992.

-- Franc Zabkar