Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:47:25 -0500, Mike Berger put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I wouldn't do it. The phosphors are very poisonous, and there's a
lot of lead in the glass.

Any worse than a pewter mug?

http://www.kelloggscerealcity.com/st...oducts/26.aspx

http://www.lead.org.au/lanv4n3/lanv4n3-19.html

"According to the Medical Journal of Australia, in 1995 an Australian
man and his wife were lead poisoned by drinking non-alcoholic
carbonated beverages from a pewter mug purchased 10 years previously
in Malaysia. [Ref: Scarlett et al, MJA Vol 163 4/18 December 1995 p
589-590]"

wrote:
Hello all!

At work, there was an old computer monitor kicking around without its
casing. It got shoved and moved around until the CRT socket board hit
the table the wrong way and broke off the end of the tube. All of the
metal bits (electron guns, filament, etc) came out with the bit of
glass around the pins, so now I have the circuit boards in the salvage
pile and this funny-shaped glass bottle on my desk. (It still has the
metal band around the front rim.)

-- Franc Zabkar