James Sweet

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Tom MacIntyre writes:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:54:13 -0400, "bones"
wrote:

After two weeks in the Sears repair shop, they finally looked at my
microwave and they told me that I need a new transformer. Going by my
earlier postings regarding the problems and the replies that I

received, do
you think that this sounds like a good diagnosis? It will cost me $400
Canadian. I bought the microwave in '99 for $600 Can. If it is an

accurate
diagnosis do you think it would be worth to fix it at this price?

Thanks
Jeff

Although I worked in a shop that repaired them, I never did a repair
myself, but...isn't a transformer failure a rarity, an oddity?

Certainly not that common, but see my other posting. I doubt it's the
transformer.

Well he did say it's the Sears shop, generally those guys are idiots, my
grandparents had a service contract with them for years, half the time they
couldn't even fix a dishwasher or clothes dryer on the first trip out, and
even so all they did was swap parts until the thing worked.