Phil Addison

Default Damp under upstairs window. Porous sill?

On 2 Jul 2004 12:45:33 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

I use 1:1:6. The render isn't the facing surface indoors anyway
(I assume you will skim it afterwards).

Yes, done now with Thistle Finish.

Lime acts as a plasticiser and makes the mix easier to handle.

The bag I got said it wouldn't 'work' unless you used cement as well (as
sand presumably), and said it is better still to mix it up as a
lime-putty and let it marinade for 24 hrs. Didn't do that, but without
digging out the actual words again, I got the impression it had some
strengthening effect as well as plasticising - in fact it didn't mention
plasticising, though I know from previous use that what you say is
right. And yes, it was pretty easy to handle.

Do remember to PVA the brick.

Oh dear ,I didn't, is it doomed? :-(

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at