George

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:24:17 GMT, "habbi"
wrote:

How should you clean the rubber rollers on a planer. I was using kerosene
on
a rag because I found it dissolved the pitch and cleaned them very well
but
I know petroleum ruins rubber so what else should I use.

However,
my first choice is the recommendation of the manufacturer.

As it should be. Don't rub them with Sterno. Alcohol is a poor solvent for
pitch and oils, and there are a lot of oil-resistant "rubber" formulations
out there. Alcohol also contains water which can promote corrosion in
hidden places.