Bruce Barnett

Mark & Juanita writes:

i.e., the theory of evolution has now been reduced to orthodox
dogma, and to dare question it is tantamount to heresy and shall be
dealt with severely.

The "theory" of evolution has predicted measured events millions of
times accurately.

No other theory can accurately predict what we measure with every
fossil we find.

If you have another theory that can be shown to be accurate 99.99999%
of the time, please submit it to a journal for review by peers.

For instance, if we find a horse-like fossil from rocks created in the
olicocege period, paleontologists can predict characteristics of the
fossil that they have never seen, even if it's a new variety. There
may be, and have been, surprises in the fossil record, as we learn
more and more. But the surprises are small. We don't see horses
suddenly changing from 2-legged to 4-legged creatures, or fossils of
Unicorns.

Your comment about questioning evolution being tantamount to heresy
is frankly silly. It's like questioning gravity. Facts are facts. The
parahippus came after the kalobatippus, which came after the
miohippus, which came after the epihippus, which came after the
pachynolophus, etc.

FYI, there are numerous scientists with strong credentials who
strongly question the dogma of macro-evolutionary theory.

It's okay to question it. Scientists can question everything. That's
what they do. But science is based on hypothesis and experiment. We
can use evolution to predict the characteristics of fossils of
different geological ages, including fossils of new and unexpected
types and categories.

ID has predicted nothing, and there is no way to measure its accuracy.

As I understand it, It tries to explain a LACK of knowledge. It tries
to say that between fossil A and C, there was no intermediate fossil.
So the theory can only be disproved one example at a time, and never
ever proved.

I can propose a theory that the universe was created at the moment of
my birth. This includes everyone "older" than I to be created
instantly with their apparent age, factual evidence, and memory, all
done by God for my benefit. (Something similar is done by literal
creationists, as light from stars millions of light years away must
have been created by God in transit on their way to earth.)

There is no way to disprove this theory I have proposed. That's
because it isn't science.

Perhaps those scientists who believe in Intelligent Design can
describe a way to test their hypothesis? I'd like to see this.