Phisherman

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:24:17 GMT, "habbi"
wrote:

How should you clean the rubber rollers on a planer. I was using kerosene on
a rag because I found it dissolved the pitch and cleaned them very well but
I know petroleum ruins rubber so what else should I use.

Wood alcohol (methanol) will clean rubber without harm to the rubber.
If you decide to use this, do so with lots of ventilation (avoid
breathing fumes) and wear rubber gloves (avoid skin contact). However,
my first choice is the recommendation of the manufacturer.