Dan

On Sat 01 Oct 2005 01:16:18p, "stoutman" .@. wrote in news:SnA%e.77068
:

David's tung oil doesn't contain ANY tung oil? Hmmmm.

No. He uses General Finishes, and apparently they USED to be part tung oil
but they changed their formula some time ago. It's on his website. I agree
with Dave though, it's good stuff.

I've been using General for my last two projects and I think I'm getting
the hang of it. I like it. One coat Seal-a-Cell and three or four coats of
Armr Seal. When I was learning, I got an okay finish that everybody liked.
After I got better, even _I_ liked the way it turned out. :-)

It's brought out the figure on the red leaf maple kitchen table I did for
my mother in law, and the curly koa plaque we're using to hold the robe
hooks on the bathroom door looks absolutely fantastic. I've tried the satin
and semi gloss. Semi gloss brought out the figure better, I thought.
High gloss next.