Odinn wrote:
On 9/30/2005 8:03 AM George mumbled something about the following:

"God does not dice with the universe." Is a famous saying by a famous
physicist, but Heisenberg finally gained acceptance in spite of him.

Actually, the saying is. "God does not play dice with the universe" (you
missed the word 'play'). ...

Not to be too persnickedy about it but I expect it was first said
in German. Probably both of your translations are correct, since
'to dice' and 'to play dice' mean the same thing in English, the
latter is simply more commonplace, though my preference would be
the more anachronistic 'to cast dice'.

--

FF