TP

Default load bearing double glazing

Hi,

My house is a victorian terrace , the windows typically have a stone
lintel above them which is visible from the exterior. I have one
window that someone in the distant past has seen fit to increase the
size of. They have fitted a pretty bog standard looking single glazed
window.

Now my concern is that there doesnt appear to be any extenstion in the
lintel width - in fact other than the old lintel (which now only goes
half way over the width of the window) - there is no other support -
never really thought about it before - luckily there is no sagging -
but there is a small crack extending upward from the corner of the old
lintel which is a tad scary!

Now Im thinking of getting new double glazing put into this window as
the frames are starting to rot (nothing too major mind).

Does anyone know if double glazing can be supplied with load bearing
frames. Do such frames exist and are they very expensive? It seems
like a got opportunity to sort out this lack of decent support.

I got a double glazing chap coming round next week but thought I raise
the question here to see what my options may be.

Thanks

Tim