Bruce Barnett

"George" George@least writes:

Congratulations, you've just demonstrated that water absorbs heat
faster than steel. I'm sure it's not news to most of us, since we
use water to cool steel beginning with blooming in the mill, to
grinding at the wheel.

I don't really see this. Metal conducts heat faster than water, so how
can water "absorb" heat faster than metal?

As I see it, absorbing heat is transfering temperature from a hot
medium to a cooler medium.