Don Foreman

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:24:05 -0500, "gfulton"
wrote:

I'm trying not to belabor the obvious here, but the "damn good reason" Mr.
Davey espouses is in place for those individuals without any understanding
of electrical power, circuitry, and distribution. Those who don't know
what's hot and what's not. And the people who write these regulations are
certainly not anyone's "betters", they just understand the dangers to
linemen from people without any understanding of electricity backfeeding the
distribution circuits. I'm not one of them. Once again, a lineman
will_never_get zapped from any current that I backfeed into the circuit.
It's not going to happen. My circuitry will never be operated by anyone but
myself or my sons, who know just exactly the dangers and the correct
procedure. We know what we're doing, and judging from Mr. Foreman's posts,
he does also. Unlike him, I just simply can't stomach safety fascists.
And, yeah, feel free to worry Mr. Davey.

I forgot to mention that another neighbor at the lake is Dave, a
lineman. Dave asked me today about this genny or that since he knows
I've been thinkin' about that. Dave makes wonderful brandy
alexanders. He is definitely a better lineman than I'd ever be. Who
is the best walleye fisher is a continuing matter of friendly
contention.... he's ahead at the moment.