pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that it was written back on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:28:42
GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Make sure that you remember all employment dates, otherwise you might
appear that you are lying on your resume, even though in fact you may
just be forgetful.

I keep a small notebook, several sheets of paper stapled together
pamphlet style. Names, dates, addresses, wages, phone numbers,
supervisor's name, kind of work. Fits in a pocket, and I don't have to
try and remember everything. (Working through temp agencies for a couple
years, there were a lot of jobs, and I needed to know what I was doing when
just for my own sake.)
I also have a copy of a background investigation form, where I list all
my jobs, and everyplace I've lived. (Plus mother's maiden name, Father's
military service, and other esoterica.) This does two things, keeps my
records straight, and makes it "easy" if I ever have to fill out another
one. What the heck, They(tm) have a dossier on you, you might as well keep
your own file. :-)

tschus
pyotr

--