Lobster

Stuart Noble wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

I think water is coming in through an old (150 year) brick wall,
which looks very pitted.
(The rain only comes through when there is also a strong wind.

Can I get a spray which will seal the wall?
Or should I apply something with a brush?

I've never found anything that really works. I've totally flooded walls
with Thomsons Waterseal and it's made virtually no difference. A bit

Actually I've used it in these circs pretty successfully. After it was
applied, when it rained you could easily see the area of outside wall
where I'd applied it, as the brickwork stayed pale-coloured and
moisture-free whereas elsewhere it went dark as water soaked in.

I'm never quite sure whether it's a good idea to use it though, ie,
you're sealing a wall which is meant to be able to breathe.

David