Stuart Noble

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I think water is coming in through an old (150 year) brick wall,
which looks very pitted.
(The rain only comes through when there is also a strong wind.

Can I get a spray which will seal the wall?
Or should I apply something with a brush?
And if so what?

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

I've never found anything that really works. I've totally flooded walls
with Thomsons Waterseal and it's made virtually no difference. A bit
like trying to seal a loaf of bread I suppose.
Re-pointing helps a lot but, if the bricks themselves are porous, it's
not a total solution.