Eric

trouble is LOPT is also (Line Out Put Transistor)

It may of started many years ago when the FBT was driven by valves (little
tubular things that light up with internal heaters)

But now you don't know if they are talking about LOPT or LOPT, I made the
switch many years ago from LOPT & LOPT to FBT & HOT not so confusing, my
guess is some people are just plain ignorant.

carneyke wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe it's a European thing (E-W Correction), while we here in the US
call it Pincushion correction. They call a Flyback a LOPT (Line Out Put
Transformer) too. Same thing different name ??