Asimov

"H. Dziardziel" bravely wrote to "All" (30 Sep 05 09:53:52)
--- on the heady topic of " replacing batteries in Norelco shaver"

HD From: H. Dziardziel
HD Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:343591

okay. I was thinking of replacing the 2 sub-C nicads in a hand
driver with it, as the Li-ion cell has a 1,000mA/hr spec on the label.

HD Li-ions can only be at best pulsed at a 2-3C rate. The TH probably
HD is the termistor and the pcb has picofuses. How will you charger
HD it once in the driver? Li-ion aren't for casual experimenting, as
HD you no doubt know..

The battery has its own charging smt electronics on a tiny board that
holds the contacts for the adaptor base. I would connect the existing
driver terminals to these contacts and not directly to the battery.

I was so impressed by an experimental electric sports car I saw on
Alan Alda's science show. It went 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and a top speed
over 200. Consider that not many gasoline powered cars can do that. It
was powered by a bank of Li-ion batteries. It must be quite
breathtaking to press the accelerator sitting in that car. Oooh, the
G's, the G's!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Wasted power is current squared times the resistance.