Han

Archangel wrote in
:

At a VA the "Industrial Hygenist" is the 'expert' on that sort of
thing, so
the person to ask is either a Lab Tech or a Nurse. Unless of course
you work on the supply side of the bureaucracy.

Pathology has the 1/2 face and cartridge setup, usually a variety of
filter cartridges as well. In my clean shaven days I found this the
most comfortable of the truly effective filters. These still work for
me adequately for the most part but they don't pass the saccharine
droplet test for TB.

Which VA do you work at?

I'm in Manhattan VISN3 as well!)

I am the lab at Castle Point VAMC (VISN3) on Sat & Sun evenings.
They've set me up with the PAPR (full hood and screaming backpack).

Our industrial hygienist has often offered to set me up with a respirator
(not powered and fancy like you).
--
Best regards
Han