DoN. Nichols

According to Mike Henry :

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

[ ... ]

If yours is like this, then I need to try again. I wonder
whether the part numbers differ between the 5814 and the 5914. Mine is
supposed to be part number DL-510, with the hinged plate being DL-514,
and DL-515 being the pin on which the plate pivots. The lever is called
"Wrench", FWIW. :-)

Alas, it appears that your info may still be correct as there are no entries
for DL-510 or DL 514 parts in the Clausing parts list that I have. It dates
from May 2004 so things may have changed.but it's unlikely since those two
parts probably don't need replacing often enough to justify re-stocking.

Not much different from my parts list, which dates back to April
1998. :-)

Agreed about the re-stocking question. Those parts don't fail
in service -- they just get lost when the lathe is sold. :-(

FWIW, there are a bunch of DL-### parts in the list (in case that is a
common part prefix for your 5814).

For some parts of it, yes.

On the 5914, the handle is a doglegged piece of rod, threaded on one end for
the handle. The other end slips into a cross hole in the cam shaft and is
locked into position with a woodruff key and set screw. Sounds like the
5914 TS is a bit different than your 5814, but email me if you'd like the
parts diagram. for the 5914 TS or the 2004 parts list.

I think that what I should do is keep my eyes open for a 5914
TS, assuming that the bed is the same. Is yours fitted with the MT-3
socket?

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564