william_b_noble

actually, Harbor Freight, on sale, has indicator stands cheaper than I've
seen them used ($6 if I recall correctly)
"Bob May" wrote in message
Sounds to me like you didn't center the end of the piece of plastic. The
jaw does center that end to about a thou or so but the far end could be
almost anywhere.
Invest in a nice dial test indicator and stand for it and use it. Used
machinery stores will often have such tools for a lot less than what the
retail is and will do fine for the home hobbiest. Pros often don't go
theere because they can afford the full retail on a new one.

--
Why do penguins walk so far to get to their nesting grounds?