Roger Shoaf

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Smart man, that Tom guy.

He was also known for outsmarting himself. He got mad that his engineers
were pilfering from his cigar box on his desk so he had his tobacconist make
up some real nasty stogies with bits of string etc.

Evidently the word got around pretty quick because the story goes that
Edison ended up smoking most of them himself before he realized that the
cigars he had been smoking were the nasty ones he had ordered.

I made it a point in high school to read all the biographies of all the
great inventors. Here is a link to a free e-book that is real good. It is
the biography of several movers and shakers in England's industrial
revolution.
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/404

--

Roger Shoaf