Peter Wiley

In article lVn_e.28426$hp.25696@lakeread08, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I have been cutting a lot of it lately. Seriously expensive 316 ($3/foot)
stainless that has to fit into outrageously expensive ($35-$50 each)
Norseman fittings. It has to be a clean cut or it will not fit and I only
have about 2" of tolerance to work with.

Well, Glen, if you'd used galvanised wire instead of s/steel, you'd
have gotten a better structural material at a fraction of the cost. Yes
I know, it's not 'yachty' and it's not all nice and shiny, but it *is*
better wire, structurally. And this is r.c.m, not r.b.b.

I wrap 3 or 4 turns of regular masking tape over the cut area and use a fine
tooth hack saw. Simple, works great and you probably already have the
tools.

I use a set of parrot beak cutters for small diameters, or a hydraulic
cutter for big diameters.

PDW