Adam Smith

"Rex B" wrote in message

snip

I like the old stuff, so one of my favourite searches is for key word
"antique".

I wonder who bought that beautiful museum quality lathe a few months ago
out of Colorado?
It went for a song, broke my heart I didn't bid on it.

Rex

Missed that one, out of the normal range of my search. I've stopped
frustrating myself with stuff that is over 500 mi away. There was an
absolutely beautiful Lodge and Shipley a few weeks ago, NY state, that had
me drooling. Lots of tooling. I had to keep on reminding myself that I'm
ireally/i not in the market for another lathe. Seems like there was a
rash of nice antiques there for a while.

The one that had me really stewing in my own juices was the 12' Cincinatti
planer from the 50s. Only $1k opener (still too much, really), but in any
case over 20k lbs, would have taken professional riggers for sure. I guess
it would have been $5-$6k to move. And then there is finding space, spending
a year to get it running .... . Even so, that was sad to let go by. I sure
would like a big planer. Maybe just a little smaller than that one, though.

Adam

Adam Smith
Midland ON