Jim Adney

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:51:06 GMT "Asimov"
wrote:

Acid flux will certainly corrode metal but rosin flux made for
electronics is pretty inert. I've seen older circuits with a lot of
residue rosin and they worked just fine.

I have to agree. I've got stuff here that I made 50 years ago,
soldered with rosin core electronic solder that is still fine with no
sign of corrosion. That was point-to-point wiring. I have plenty of
later stuff that is PC board done 30 years ago that is also fine.

But I don't know what kind of flux was used in standard elecronic
rosin core solder. Was it RMA?

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA