Toller

I took a piece of scrap (if you can call a piece of bubinga that cost $10
scrap) and put shellac on it. The figure came up a bit, but not as good as
the mineral spirits. I then put some varnish over the shellac and it was
pretty good; way better than the oil (BLO)

On the original piece, the one with oil and two coats of wipe on varnish, I
put on another two coats. It is looking better. Maybe with another two
coats it will be acceptable. However, I like the color of bubinga with BLO
on it more than without; but maybe amber shellac would have the same effect.