Adam Smith

I'd say that this is pretty good advice as well. I like the people at Busy
Bee reasonably well, their 7 x 10 is a lot more lathe than the Unimat I did
my first turning on. (For the Americans in the audience: Busy Bee
approximately equals Enco). I'd take a look at what the folks at Atlas
Machinery on Queen St. are selling as well, I ireally/i like dealing
with them.

ping Robin S. : What are the Atlas folks selling as intro lathe these days?
For how much?

Adam Smith
Midland, ON

"Rex B" wrote in message
Want a cheap education?
By a 7x10 import lathe from Homier or Harbeor Freight or Enco or Cummins
The freight cost is probably the deciding factor). Great little learning
tool which will also probably do 90% of the jobs you need it for. After a
few months with it, you will know a lot more about your needs. At that
time you can shop with more knowledge. Once you have the Ultimate Lathe,
you can sell the mini for almost what you have in it. But by then you
will be attached to it

- -
Rex Burkheimer

HotRod wrote:
My biggest problem is knowing what to buy. Since all of the letters and
acronyms are as foreign to me as most computer related numbers are to
other people. I've been keeping my eye out but just haven't seen anything
yet. I guess I'll look closer in Ontario, Canada