user

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:16:55 -0400, imascot wrote:
In article ,
says...
The VOIP service is very clear - just as good as
regular service. Yes, the only catch is no power - no phone. But that has
rarely been an issue where I am and after all, most people have a cell phone
if something like that happens.

No power, no cell phones, either.

Ah, no.

Perhaps for an extended power outage. But even during
our ice storm here 2 years ago that brought down the power
in three counties for periods from several days to two weeks,
we had constant cell phone service. Many cell sites and
their associated landline interconnects have battery and
generator backup.

Heck, I was working at home, connecting to the net
via my cell phone, since the cable modem was out for a week,
too. Thank goodness for spare laptop batteries. ;-)

- Rich