Jim & Lil

Sorry...I screwed up on My RPM....I wrote RMP a few times....when you see
that I meant Revolutions per Minute and didn't write it down
correctly...should have reread before posting...my fault....regards...Jim

Hi Steve ,

I respectfully disagree with the other posters about tha Makita die
grinders. I am a pipeline welder of 25 years and use nothing but Makita
power tools....except for their die grinders.
I have two of them and although they are of excellent quality and are
very durable. They spin too freaking fast!! They spin so fast that they
will bend the shanks of the die that you are spinning should one come a
little bit unbalanced. I have the Model 906H ...one in aluminum housing
and the other in plastic ...They spin at 27000 RMP which in my opinion is
way too fast.
I have had, (on many occasion) had a 50 dollar bit bend over and
crater due to being unbalanced and then the shank bends over 90 degrees
due to the centrifigal force of the RMP. ...then try and shut the damned
thing off as it is vibrating in your hands as you reach for a toggle
switch on the back of the unit. You don't dare let it go for it may turn
on you.. Both are resting comfortably in the "unused" section of my tool
cabinet at home. I bought a Dewalt die grinder with a trrigger on the
handle that spins at around 19000 RMP which is a lot easier to handle and
much easier on bits and my nerves.
I agree that Makita makes an excellent and a wonderful
tool...but I really think they screwed up on the RMP of these things and
to also have a toggle switch on the back of the unit is like having a
trigger lock (something I usually disgard as soon as I buy).

My take on this is buy what you like....just stay away from that
27000 RPM and a toggle switch....
Hope that was of some help....Jim