The3rd Earl Of Derby

Bob Mannix wrote:
could buy a compressor of course but a propane cylinder may be
better. If you haven't got one, the cheapest way of getting one is
to "liberate" one from the nearest tip (assuming they have an area
for dumping them) and then go and get it refilled. That way you only
pay for the refill. Naturally I would never do this as, in theory,
they belong to the tip operators and it would be thieving but I have
heard of it being done.

My local gas supplier almost refused to sell me a new cyclinder,
saying I could buy one from the local tip for a fiver. I didn't have
time to do that and managed to persuade him. He did warn me that
cylinders cannot be returned for re-filling unless they still have
the plastic cap.

MBQ

You can find the larger bottles anywhere, but try and find one thats 4.5 or
6.9 kilos and its like looking for gold dust.
I went to a local gas supplier and he charged me £10 deposite for the
bottle and £10 for the gas/Propane.

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite