Bob Mannix wrote:
could buy a compressor of course but a propane cylinder may be better. If
you haven't got one, the cheapest way of getting one is to "liberate" one
from the nearest tip (assuming they have an area for dumping them) and then
go and get it refilled. That way you only pay for the refill. Naturally I
would never do this as, in theory, they belong to the tip operators and it
would be thieving but I have heard of it being done.

My local gas supplier almost refused to sell me a new cyclinder, saying
I could buy one from the local tip for a fiver. I didn't have time to
do that and managed to persuade him. He did warn me that cylinders
cannot be returned for re-filling unless they still have the plastic
cap.

MBQ