John

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:35:00 +0100,it is alleged that "John"
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip tale of best laid plans etc]

So, should the oven be RCD-protected (leave things as they are) or not
(get
him to put things right)??

TIA
John.

The oven being on the RCD side of things shouldn't matter. _Some_
stoves/cookers/ovens can trip an RCD, especially if not used for a
period of time and the element gets damp. However we have one on a
30mA protected circuit and it has never tripped.

--
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
- Ken Olson, President of DEC, 1977

I can't type fast enough - messages are appearing before I've even replied
to another )

Thanks everybody, I'll leave it as it is.

John.