Jonathan Pearson

Christian McArdle wrote:
So, should the oven be RCD-protected (leave things as they are) or
not (get him to put things right)??

I reckon you'd get the fridge, freezer, oven and CH on the 20A
radial, which will run in 2.5mm cable.

Most ovens are 2.2kW plus a bit for the fan. Fridge and freezer won't
run continuously and are probably only about 300W each when firing.
CH will take very little. Even if the oven takes 3kW, there's still
1.6kW to run the other appliances, which is easily enough.

Christian.

I think he knew that and that was his original plan - however as I
understand it, the sparky ( or he forgot to communicate properly to the
sparky?) has forgotten about the oven and put it on the RCD side of the
circuit - he want to know if people have had problems with the oven on the
RCD side of the circuit - Our oven is on the RCD side and so far we've not
had any problems

Jon