John

Default Oven - RCD or not?

My original plan was to have 2 ring mains in the kitchen - one NOT protected
by the RCD which would carry just 4 things - the CH boiler, the fridge, the
freezer and the oven (which needs a 13A supply). The other ring would carry
everything else - kettle, washing machine, toaster, telly, etc., etc.

The guy has dropped a b*****k and made the NON-protected circuit a radial,
feeding just the boiler, the fridge and the freezer. He's used 2.5mm cable
and I know that as long as the MCB is 20A rated, that, in itself, is OK. The
oven is now on the protected circuit and I know that that circuit - even
given the extra loading of the oven - is, in itself, OK.

But it's not what I planned and it's not what I asked for.

To put it right would mean that he would need to use 4 junction boxes, which
would be under the floorboards in the bathroom - the same floorboards that
are going to be sheeted over with hardboard or thin ply before having vinyl
cushionfloor lain on top - in other words, not easy to get to them if needed
later on. OR, the other way to put it right would mean hacking chases in 3
of the kitchen walls - 2 of which have been newly plastered, the other newly
tiled (

So, should the oven be RCD-protected (leave things as they are) or not (get
him to put things right)??

TIA
John.