Asimov

"Ken" bravely wrote to "All" (09 Sep 05 12:04:44)
--- on the heady topic of " * Computer Hardware Question * - Broken Pin on =
Hard Drive"

Ke From: Ken
Ke Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:341724

Ke GHZpc wrote:
I accidently broke Pin #1 on my Maxtor hard drive.

Ke You have the right idea about replacing the pin, but you must be
Ke careful in doing so or you will make the situation worse. If you are
Ke skilled at soldering, fine. If not, find someone who is. Taking a
Ke pin from an old logic board that came from a defective HD is the way
Ke to go.

Just thought of another way, break open the cable's pin 1 wire and
jumper it across to the drive's solder pad. He will then have to leave
that modified cable permanently connected to the drive but it's SO
much easier to do than adding a new pin.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I worked hard to attach the electrodes to it.