HotRod

Gunner because you have first hand knowledge of these lathes.

O.K. A stupid shop guy here. I've been hunting for a small lathe for some
time. Preferable something that has about a six foot, footprint. And since
I'm a novice just trying to repair some basic parts and turn some basic
parts. What would you recommend? I think shipping to Ontario will be more of
an issue than anything. Any chance someone wants to house mine for free use
until I can get a truck down there to pick it up?

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On 28 Sep 2005 22:55:20 -0700, wrote:

We purchased a bunch of lathes this last week and now have lathes from
$250. to $10,000. Sure the cheaper ones need some work to bring them up
to snuff but they are all American or British and parts are available.
Two of the lathes are rare long bed SBL's so you pool cue guys pay
attention.
9" SBL on factory cabinet
9" SBL long bed on factory cabinet
10" SBL long bed light duty on factory cabinet
10" SBL heavy on hairpin legs, well tooled
10" EMCO Maier very late
11" Clausing Colchester nice
11" Logan table model rough
12" Clausing on factory stand- older
13" Harrison AA Nice!
13" Harrison M300 w/ tracer Nice!
13" Clausing/ Colchester needs ways reground Cheap!
15" LeBlond Superb!
17" Clausing Colchester Cheap!
These lathes are in Costa Mesa, CA. Call (949) 645-7601 or Email me.
Please don't ask for pictures and specs on all of them. Reasonable
requests will be aced on promptly. I will be out of town all next week.
Leigh

I reviewed some of these machines today. Some pretty nice stuff in
there.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner