AHS

What type of work do you think you will use it for? If it will be light
pressure the Dremel will probably work. If you will be using moderate
pressure and tool sizes, then the Foredom (or offshore clones) are good. If
you will be using 1/4" carbides to work metal, then the Makita will be a
good choice.

The Makita will be a 2-handed tool, whereas the Dremel and Foredom are
1-handed. If you use a flexible shaft on the Dremel, or are using a
Foredom, keep in mind that the shaft is spring wire and if the cutting tip
binds up the spring will break. All 3 types do a good job, but are designed
for different levels of similar work.

Alex

"SteveB" wrote in message
Makita die grinders any good?

Compare them to Dremel and Foredom. I know Foredom is a lot better, but I
mean as a handheld, will it cut nearly as good as a Foredom?

How are they to control? I don't want it for precise work, and probably
will be using it two handed most of the time.

Price seems pretty good, NIB on ebay.

Steve